Saturday, March 28, 2015

Small Wonders

I missed a post last week. I started to feel bad about that, especially when I noticed that people checked in to see if I'd written anything new and I hadn't. I felt like I let my readers down. But then a new thought popped into my head. "Oh my gosh! I'm following a routine so well that my readers have noticed!" I'm not great with sticking to a schedule and I've been trying to put out a blog post every week. I didn't notice until now how well I've been doing with that considering my lack of experience with consistency. So yay! It's a reason to be happy instead of be down on myself, and that alone is victory!

So I've had various ideas buzzing around in my head about what I should write about this week. I haven't had a lot of success. Nothing greatly huge has happened that can dominate a blog post. It's been all smaller things. Oh, just had a thought! I'll write about small things that fill me with wonder.

1. Thinking about how far a raindrop traveled to land on your face.

2. How speakers make sounds. It's been explained to me, but I'm still in awe.

3. How cats appear to be part liquid, they take on the shape of whatever container they fall asleep in.

4. How God plants the most beautiful wildflowers in the middle of the wilderness, just for someone to discover and enjoy.

5. How a person can cry when overflowing with either sorrow or joy.

6. The beauty of the smile and laugh of an elderly person.

7. The innocent, completely free imaginations of small children.

8. No matter how many times you see a sunrise or a sunset, it can still take your breath away every time.

9. How that person in front or behind you in the grocery line could be the most amazing person that you'll never know because most people don't talk to strangers.

10. Sitting with an older person and listening to the stories of what they've seen and lived through in their life, decades before you were born. It's more amazing than any history book because they were there when it happened.

11. How one ball and two scoring areas can fill a crowd with so much energy. For the duration of the game, we're all together in this one thing that's happening in the moment, united.

12. How reading a book can transport you into another world, someone else's world that they live or that they made up in their heads. When reading, the writer takes you on a journey to what's in their mind. Something that only they could come up with.

13. How we all have hands but we all can't do the same things with them. One person can paint a masterpiece with them. Another can build an amazing machine. Still another can sooth and heal people with them. Another can play the most beautiful music. Someone else can write the most fantastic story. Yet another can lift an ungodly amount of weight. Another can do things with a sports ball most of us can only dream of doing. Others can scale buildings. The list is neverending and ever varied.

14. How some amazing people are famous and other amazing people aren't and the difference is only that most people know how amazing the famous person is.

15. How amazing it is that thousands of gallons of water can float above our heads as fluffy clouds that look no more threatening than pillows.

16. At the very moment that you're watching a sunset with so much awe, someone else is watching a sunrise with the same amount of awe.

17. How a smile can completely transform a face.

18. How we call laugh and cry in the same language.

19. How we all at some time or other have tried to come across as a person with no scars, when we all have scars.

20. How the birth of a baby is a miracle, and it's happening every moment of every day.

21. How billions and billions of people have lived on this earth, and no two have been exactly alike.

22. How we all have fears, no matter how much we try to hide it.

23. How we all make mistakes, but still judge one other's mistakes so harshly.

24. How God made two genders that are so alike and so different and fit together so wonderfully that it's a wonder we haven't killed each other.

25. How we all dream of flying.


Thanks for reading! And thank you for checking in even when I missed a week!

_________________________
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Jerelle
The Hobbit Ninja

No comments:

Post a Comment