Thursday, October 2, 2014

To Tech Or Not To Tech

So some ideas have been bouncing around in my head lately. I don't know yet if they will amount to much or not. I have a lot of ideas that never make it off the drawing board. I'm not that great with technology. I don't know the ins and outs of how to do things. But for several years I've wanted to create online content. That's one of the reasons I blog. But I've also wanted to make videos, maybe even podcast. I really enjoy blogging but I've thought for years, even before I got up the courage to actually start a blog, that I could do more.

I've shot a video or two in the past. I wasn't onscreen for the videos, most of them anyway. I tended to have the camera pointed towards someone or something highly amusing at the time. I've only shared those videos on facebook or not at all. Back in my high school days I was big on voice recordings. I recorded anything and everything. At one point I think I recorded an entire day at school just so one day I could look back at a typical day in high school. Still have the recordings. Besides using technology, I also used to write poetry and draw. Shortly after graduating high school my PTSD got to such an extent that I had a lot of trouble trying to focus on anything. Even my reading suffered and I've been called a bookworm my whole life. I just couldn't escape my anxiety, couldn't disappear into a book or get in the zone to write or draw much.

Speaking of my anxiety. I found an interesting way to calm myself at work. Since I've realized that my anxiety has taken a turn towards being more generalized anxiety (meaning I freak out over everything instead of from just triggers) it's become more of a day to day issue than before. I don't know what sets it off these days so it's a learning experience. But while working this morning I found myself singing a song from church. Singing quietly by myself like that for some reason soothed my anxiety so I kept it up. I sang whatever came to mind. Imagining the countryside from my hometown helped as well. I'm a country girl at heart.

Well, this post has taken me a ridiculously long time to write so I'm going to go ahead and post this.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Please tech! Just be yourself - all aspects of yourself. Art, dance, music, books, tech - whatever moves you. Just do it and don't worry about what other people think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but you do know that you're featured in my very first video right? I totally shot that video and it's already posted to facebook. Can you really have an argument about me posting it to my blog?

    ReplyDelete