Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Mystery of the Tardis at Work

So after some investigation during the course of several workdays I finally got a lead on what makes the Tardis sound everyday at work. So far I'm the only person who has reacted to the Tardis sound. A few times I've quickly glanced around corners when it sounded close by. I'm sure some of the soda stockers think I'm a little crazy. The sound was always louder near them but I never ever saw one of them pull out a cell phone. It happened when I was in a part of the building I don't frequent. I was walking near the produce and I heard the Tardis again. I immediately veered towards the sound. I couldn't find anything that looked likely, but I did notice that the sound stopped at the exact moment that the vegetable misters turned off. You know how there's usually a vegetable wall in the produce section that periodically gets misted with water, for freshness I imagine. I made a mental note of that and went back to what I was doing. When I clocked out at the end of my shift I returned to the veggie wall and stared at it until the water turned on again. Again it coincided with the Tardis sound. I observed a little longer just in case it was a coincidence but no, the two consistently happen together. So now I have an answer to my Tardis mystery! I think it's pretty awesome that a random machine makes the Tardis sound and that it's not just a ringtone. There's something quirky about that that makes me smile.

Well, that's it's for this post. I would write more, want to write more, but my anxiety is making it difficult. There will be more later.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment